Sunday, October 18, 2009

New Sneakins "skins"


I recently got a nice care package from Sneakins.com, a new company creating durable, customizable adhesives to redecorate your sneakers. They were good enough to create a pair of sneakers for me, including using the FSF logo, so I could see how the stickers worked.


Sneakins says their "skins" will last for 2-3 years, and are water proof (and therefore mildly cleanable) and sun proof. I guess time will tell! Unfortunately, the adhesives seem difficult to place perfectly, so that edges are a bit rough, and somewhat too shiny, so that the decorated parts stand out.


On a brighter note, Sneakins says the skins work on multiple surfaces (cloth, leather, plastic) and can stick to used as well as new kicks. A sheet big enough to decorate a pair of sneakers costs $7. To learn more and see other designs, check their site, sneakins.com.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My son is 7 and he has an easier time putting them on than I do, I think it's easier for him. He's also had them for about 4 months no and so far so good.

Solange said...

I LOVE these!!! There are FABULOUS!!! I have them on all my sneakers!!!!