Sunday, September 27, 2009

Chrome "Red Sole" Shoes

Kursk

At first glance the new sneakers out by Chrome Bags--the folks that bring you messenger bags that never wear out or go out of style--look both functional and handsome. But the devil is in the details! Rather than being just another throwback canvas low top, the Kursk (which I tried) is made of tough cordura and lined for comfort.


The soles feature a "crash pad" cushioned heel, "chrome contact rubber" and a propulsion plate--all stuff that matters a lot if you're a biker, and certainly didn't hurt on a long day of sneaker fiending either!

Saipan

The rubber toe caps on the Kursk and the high top Saipan are also great for folks like me who worry about how bike pedals are always crushing the suede or greasing the leather of our "nice" kicks. I definitely give these a thumbs up for looks and comfort. Prices range from $70-$90, but sizes only go down to a 7 men's.

Midway

Arnhem

Find them all here.

1 comment:

tatjana brishe said...

Hey Lori,

I was perusing the net trying to figure out how to use caliroots.com when i came up on your blog. I am an aspiring sneakerhead and wanted to know if you knew about how caliroots coupons work. I desperately need to get my boyfriend these Super flatop shades!