Friday, February 1, 2008

So Long Laces



Sad News, Laces NYC is no more. The only women's only sneaker boutique in NYC and its gone. I guess females really don't want a sneaker shop that is geared for us. (After reading one the comments its not fair for me to say that females don't want an all women's sneaker boutique. Because we do!! Was it Lack of advertising, No good selection, or was it too expensive. Who knows what kind of problems laces had. Even though it was run by a man, he did make a shop that was geared for us. If it was supported more by sneaker companies and the public maybe it would have been it would still be in business.) So Long Laces...

Pic and info: http://www.aroundthewaygirls.net/

2 comments:

lori said...

a-money, I gotta question your assumption on that one. We might want a store for us, but want one with more selection, or that includes more boys' kicks and not just weird women's colorways, or one that is cheaper...there are plenty of women buying kicks, but it won't be easy to tear us away from all our old spots. Louis and his crew tried hard, and I"ll miss Laces, but they had their hands tied in some ways.

$A$ the Great said...

I really didn't know their problems behind it, so I shouldn't have made that assumption. I Guess the sneakers companies are to blame for this.