Friday, January 11, 2008

Inspiration, Sneaker Design School

So after months of research and hours spent pondering, I've started to consolidate my ideas.
The main inspirations are coming from the following;

  • OBEY's artwork from a recent exhibition on Brick Lane,

  • Roy Liechtenstein, love the dots!


  • OkeeDoke's customized plimsoles (this man is on form, his spot okeedokeclothing.blogspot.com).


  • Kota Ewaza 's exhibition of projected images in the Hayward Gallery, got a little itchy and noticed a wooden box in front of the screen, naturally my friend and I stepped up and started making shadow puppets! Luckily we left before being asked to...


And then there's the impact that all products and consumers have on the Earth. This does cause concern so I'm trying to keep the negative impact of this range to a minimum with use of sustainable fabrics, materials, design and manufacture.

No comments: